Nikki is coming over in 15 minutes and we're going to a Pizza joint to meet some of my co-workers for trivia. I am glad to be able to go, but wish I was seeing some of my favorite people there. Trivia is pretty fun, but it's more fun with the people I love. I count Nikki as one of them, so that's something to celebrate. I just always want it all!
I am feeling kind of glum because I was just looking at some cute photos of someone's baby and another person's wedding and it always puts me in the mode of "Man, they're so lucky. I wish I had that." I know a photo is a captured second of someone's life and doesn't represent the whole "picture" (har har), but I always find myself imagining that it's a representation of every second in their lives. If only life really were one happy picture after another...
School has been really manageable lately, which is a nice break from the overwhelmingness of previous weeks. Feeling healthier really helps make things feel easier. I've been enjoying my kids so much. They are so darn cute. Even the ones that drive me nuts make my days worthwhile.
Still no idea where I'll be moving. I noticed that our landlord placed an ad for our place, saying it will be available Dec.1. While she hasn't said a word about it to us, that date suits me just fine. Josh actually wishes it was Nov. 1 just so we could be in a better situation sooner, but that date would be freaking me out. I can't look for and find a new home, pack and move and clean this place to my satisfaction within a week and some change. That's nuts. He's very unrealistic with things at times, I find. Is this a man-ism, or just him? I think I give him a lot of leeway sometimes by blaming his less pleasant characteristics and behaviors on man-isms. Like how he went off on the landlord in the first place. *groan*
The days are getting shorter and the nights longer. This will all be sped up by the adoption of the time change this weekend. I am really dreading it. In Seattle, due to our Latitude, I think, it gets dark around 5 in the winter. The bonus is that it gets dark around 10 in the summer, but I'd rather be middle of the road year round than living in such light and dark extremes each season. Darkness makes me tired and unmotivated. I don't need any help in that area when it's so chilly outside to boot! It's going to be a netflix happy winter, I do believe...
No comments:
Post a Comment