Remember when there were lots of days left of school? Well, now there are 8. Eight. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8. I love that.
My last post makes me laugh because I really was Ms. Grumpypants that morning. Turns out we had a really nice time with Josh's friend. He's a nice guy--young and not entirely the sharpest pencil in the box, but that actually added to the ease and lightheartedness of the weekend. We got to show him the beauty of the city, the charm of our 'hood, and the outlandish prices of nearby homes. He said, "When I'm done with the Army, I'm totally moving back to Indiana. But I sure wish I could live here." Yeah....home prices are scary here. Unfathomable, really. I don't want to leave, but I really would love my own home someday. There is a house down the block that just went up for sale. Really cute, even though it's on a hill so the yard, sidewalk and street are at a slope. Not ideal, but then again, the $700,000 price tag tells me it won't ever be mine anyway. sad.
I am super hyped for this weekend. We are celebrating my birthday early with a getaway to Hood River, Oregon for a whitewater rafting trip. 7 of my besties are staying in the cutest house on the White Salmon River, waking Saturday for the rafting trip, then partying in Hood River on Saturday night. Sunday morning will be breakfast followed by a hike in the mountains. And we'll be kid free since Todd is watching Lulu for the weekend. Wee ha! I can't wait!
These days, my man is making me breakfast, lunch and dinner and doing all the dishes, too. How lucky can a girl get? I won't pinch myself or I might jinx it! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment