Excuse me while I grump for a spell.
I was roused from my sleep this morning by kisses and a whispering Josh promising that he would be back in an hour from a quick job and that he would be taking me to brunch. Not a bad way to wake up! But then, an hour later, when he came back and I was prepping myself for a morning of yummies, he told me that in fact plans had changed. He said he had just gotten off the phone with an old friend from the fire station in Indiana who had joined the Army and was recently moved to Fort Lewis. We could still have brunch, but it would be more like lunch, once he returned from picking this guy up, and then we'd hang out with said friend for the weekend. Because, oh yeah, he'd be spending the night.
[Cue bad mood.]
Now, I like people. I really do. I think it's safe to say that I'm a people person even. But waking up on the first day of my weekend to, "Hey, we're gonna have a house guest in an hour" makes me not pleased. At all. I don't want to entertain anyone. I don't want to clean the house for anyone. I don't want to host anyone. I don't want to care how I look or how my house looks or consider anyone's feelings about how to spend my weekend. I want to eat a gluttonous brunch, followed by a trip to the park with my dog, followed by an afternoon of rest. I was considering going out with Kat tonight to see Mark's band, but I was really thinking a movie would be a better option since I REALLY DIDN'T WANT TO EXERT ENERGY TODAY.
I just hope this person is likeable. I never met him in the 3 1/2 months I lived in FW, so I am confused as to how he and Josh are "good friends".
.......
What I do know is that I need to get rid of my bad attitude because right now I feel like taking the dog and going up to Edmonds and hiding out with Todd. I know I need to just swallow it and vacuum the living room. Which of course, I will. And then I'll make myself look decent and put a big smile on my face and be very nice and accomodating.
But just between you and me, I'm not going to like it.
No comments:
Post a Comment