Sunday, July 25, 2010

Bad Momma

I gave Lulu a black eye! I feel so horrible about it. We had a wonderful time swimming together at the park and then as we were walking back on the trail, I was holding my stainless steel water bottle by the loop in the cap down at my side. The bottle was swinging
a bit with each step and she trotted around the back of me just as the bottle swung back. I heard it hit so loudly, I thought I'd hit a metal pole. When I realized it was her skull, I quickly got down on my knees and tried to soothe her, though she wasn't yelping or making any noise to indicate she was hurt. We moved on then and I forgot about it. A few hours later, when we came home, she was rubbing her face with her paw and barely opening her left eye. I checked the eyeball and there doesn't seem to be any damage to it. There is no blood around her eye, but she is barely opening it. I am going to take her to the vet in the morning, just in case, but I'm super sad that I've caused her pain. My poor baby girl.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Oh my goodness!! You buised a dog?! Poor baby...