Oh my gosh, I can't believe it's August already! Here I thought I was going to be BORED all summer long and the truth is I never accomplished what was on my to-do list! July and all of its medical drama really ate away the days. Thank goodness for weekend getaways, friends, and Hawaii to vindicate Summer.
The next 5 days are crazy busy. I am getting sugar'd today, then at 4 we are going to look at my new car. Ahem, I mean, A car. If it doesn't take too long, I'll be meeting the girls at Prost! for trivia. The next few days HAVE to be spent in my classroom getting things unloaded and placed. Thursday I have ANOTHER doctor's appointment and I'm getting a pedi and going sundress shopping with Vicky and Angela. Saturday, we're going to Nikki's housewarming fiesta and Sunday... Sunday is Aloha day! Yay!
I had a grand weekend with the crew. Everyone stayed true to themselves: Andrew (aka SK aka Serial Killer aka Kat's boyfriend) kept to himself (by himself), Alex and Angela bickered a lot but also kissed a lot, Josh was amazing, Sharonne and Vicky didn't want to do anything but hottub and movie watch and play cards, and Kat juggled her time between SK and the rest of us. Overall, it worked out pretty well. We had three full group activities, of which Andrew participated in 2 and Vicky participated in 1 1/2. Josh and I even got to hang out with Valarie and Joe in Glacier, which was actually pretty fun. Yesterday, we took this most amazing hike up to the top of Table Mountain and were able to see incredible views of Mt. Shuksan and Mt. Baker. It was so breathtaking. Josh, being true to himself, kept saying, "Let's live here." Haha. That's Josh's request most everytime we find a beautiful place in the middle of nowhere. After our hike, the whole group went to the Nooksack River and played in the water and drank PBR. Alex and Andrew and Kat bodysurfed the rapids, which scared the bejeezus out of me. Overall, it was wonderful. I didn't want to leave.....
I am going to begin working on back to school projects until my sugaring appointment at 2:30. I don't want to, but I have to remember this is my last week to get ready. Once we return from Hawaii, I'll be working full time again (minus kids). I'll need to keep busy to avoid that from souring my mood.
No comments:
Post a Comment