Sunday, September 27, 2009

counting sheep in broad daylight

There is an exhaustion within me currently that is so deep within my muscles and my mind. I can't explain it any better than that. I don't understand it, but all I want to do right now is lay very still and allow myself to drift off into a deep sleep.

But I can't.

It's Sunday and that means it's necessary to prepare for the upcoming week by completing housework, running errands, and paying bills. Yuck.

I am even more limited on time to complete these tasks today because we have a very special evening planned. We are going on a hot air balloon ride! This is something we have been planning to do for nearly 2 years and we've simply been too busy to put the plans into place. Finally, finally we are going and it's a beautiful day for it. I kind of got into an argument with the pilot this morning, though, so we are a bit worried that this could affect our good time. I might be wrong, and I hope I am. He was charging us more money than we should have been charged and Josh only admitted the charge to me this morning. He said the Pilot told him it was necessary for the time slot they had available, but according to their website, the price should not change based on the time slot. He was very surprised that I was calling him on it and insisted it was agreed upon when the appointment was made. Thing is, Josh didn't know the details on the website, so he couldn't argue it. He said, if I wanted to cancel, I would have had to call on Friday to do so. Josh only just told me about it today, so that wasn't possible. We agreed to "split the difference", which in this guy's lingo meant requiring us to still pay more than we should, but less than he told Josh. There is little I can do about it all because the guy has Josh's CC number. If I cancel, he'll charge the full amount. So we're going. But Josh and I are both kind of in a poor mood about it, which sucks. I'm sure the Pilot is in a crap mood too and will likely be awkward with us on the flight but I am determined to have a good time and THEN write a bad review online and call the BBB. Because seriously, no one should be paying over $400 for something and be in a bad mood for the whole experience. It just isn't right.

Tomorrow, our bowling league starts. I am looking forward to being silly with girlfriends. I had hoped to get my own ball, but I realize that would be yet another thing I would need to donate to goodwill in time. I am not and never will be a real bowler.

Tuesday, I start hot yoga class and ...don't tell the masculine club of America, but... Josh will be going with me! I convinced him to give it a try. His work is so physical and he has pains and aches in his back, leg and hip pretty frequently. Owning and running a business is a stressful endeavor, too. Yoga--hot yoga, especially--will be a great opportunity for him to feel some physical and emotional relief. I made him promise to do 10 classes. We'll see if he commits!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Having a full week to prepare for is even more reason to TAKE A BREAK! There's always time for a much needed nap! You won't be nearly as productive if you are tired.