Saturday, April 18, 2009

missing lu

It's two in the afternoon and I can't get my butt off the couch. Man, I have had some LAZY weekends! Josh and I went to Vicky's birthday party at Sharonne's house last night and I definitely drank too much. I didn't get sick, but I know I likely would have if I hadn't stopped drinking when I did. I just can't hold my liquor anymore! It was a fun time and I really loved seeing the girls I bonded with over girls' weekend a while back. What made me most happy is that Josh and I had fun together. We never really go out with people together anymore, so it was really great to be able to have a good time simultaneously for a change! We got to chatting with a really nice woman, Lauren, whose husband works at Microsoft. She is originally from Houston, but met her husband at UT Austin and told us how much they love and miss Austin. They plan to move back there in a few years to have kids. I have heard so many awesome things about Austin, even though it's in Texas. I want to go visit. She asked us lots of questions about dogs because she and her husband are thinking of adopting soon. It was a good conversation, but in retrospect I realize how much it was like being at a party talking to people about your kids. How did I get so old? ;)

This morning, Josh woke up way too early and packed Lulu up for a trip to Port Townsend. They are helping Alan put a new fence up on his property, so they likely won't be back til tomorrow. I miss them already :(. I'm supposed to attend a fundraiser dinner for Todd's Amazon excursion this summer, but I haven't been able to find a date! Everyone has prior plans for tonight, including those that wanted me to spend the evening with them going to the Roller Derby bout. I won't be able to eat any of the food at the dinner, most likely, but I do really want to support Todd. I'll send him a text, I think, letting him know I'll stop by, but I'd rather help him in any way I can rather than sit down solo and pretend to eat.

I need to find my way to the gym before that. Sadly, I appear to be gaining weight even though I've regularly been gymming 5-6 days a week. I think I'm eating more, too, because I'm hungrier now that I'm working out more. Hopefully it will all work itself out in a few weeks or I'm going to start to feel discouraged!

I hope Lulu and the boys are having a good time.....

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Ok, this is SO strange... such a small world! I had my daughter's b-day party this weekend and I overheard my friend and sis-in-law (to-be) talking about a guy they knew that was in a hospital in CA. I had a complete feeling of de ja vu and asked who they were talking about... turns out, they both know you and your boyfriend! I remembered reading your blog about this same thing and told them about it. Are you originally from Ft. Wayne? Kalie Krouse is my friend and Kelly Horne is my sis-in-law. She is engaged to my husband's brother, Matt McClure, a FW fireman. Sound familiar? Small, small world!!