Saturday, April 4, 2009

roadrunner

The other day mom told me that in Europe they've been giving people who have older cars a stipend with which to purchase a new one in order to stimulate the economy. She said Obama is wanting to do the same thing. My interest was definitely peaked since I've been wanting to part ways with my trusty 9-year-old redmobile. I scoured the web for info and found this:

Depending on the legislation, the program would offer $3,000 to $7,000 cash for your trade-in vehicle, as long as that vehicle is 8 years old or getting worse than 18 miles per gallon. Any one of those numbers could change as legislators shape the bill, but it probably will include most or all foreign or American cars.

A similar incentive program helped motivate buyers in Europe. The idea here is the same with all three programs - to help not only struggling automakers, but all the ancillary businesses that are tied to the industry's success.
on this newsblog.

I really, really hope it goes through. I asked mom how long she thought it might take and she said it would have to happen soon, in order to help the economy when it needs it most. This means I could have a new car in my future!!!!!! Wheeeeeee!!!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I've seen this happening already in Ft. Wayne. One dealership is offering $3000 minimum for your trade in, no matter how old or the condition it is in. Good luck!