Thursday, July 9, 2009

mish mash

I just got back from visiting with Kat up in Padilla Bay. It was so peaceful and beautiful. She is renting a great little place on a tree farm right on the water. When she told me it was a farm, I expected it to look like farmland. I guess tree farms are different, though. It just looks like lush, forested property. The main house is large and modern and the whole front is windows overlooking the bay. There are lots of little garden plots in front of the house as well as a greenhouse, but other than that, it doesn't look any different than any other waterfront property. It's really quiet up there and it reminds me of being at the lake in Indiana, except there are islands out in the "lake" and the "lake" is really the ocean and mountains surround it...but OTHERWISE it's totally the same. ;) Last night, we went to the nearest town, roughly 7 minutes away, called Edison. It has 2 bakeries, 2 restaurant/bars, 2 art galleries, a clothing boutique, and a liquor store attached to someone's house. Very small, very quaint, very...limited. It was fun for a night, but I don't think I could live there long-term. It was trivia night at the saloon we were visiting, so we played. With only one round to go, we were in second place. The final round was the music round, requiring us to name the artists of 10 songs played. We BOMBED that round. So much so, we ended up in LAST place. It was really hard. The artists I can recall were Kenny Loggins, the Ting Tings, Winger, Dionne Warwick and Hank Williams, Jr. FAIL.

I am still bleeding, 3 weeks later. The pain has minimized, but I am still exhausted all the time. I don't know why my body is acting this way.

I am going to start a GI diet blog, with recipes that I try. I got a new book to help me out:


It's filled with yummy-sounding recipes, so I hope it helps me feel less miserable about having to comply with this new lifestyle.

Last Monday, Todd left for Peru to do research in the Amazon and on Saturday Nikki leaves for Nepal to implement the goals of her non-profit. I am anxious to hear the stories when they return, but after Kat told me she is going to Pulau next month, I was left with Travel envy of the greatest kind. I want to be rich enough to go on adventures every day, every month, every year. And have a house to come home to. And a car that I love. And paid off student loans. Am I asking for too much?

No comments: