Just emailed this to mom and some friends:
Just to keep you abreast: My doctor urged me to go in for another ultrasound today, based on the amount of pain I was dealing with this past weekend. After the ultrasound, which was inconclusive, I was urged to go to the ER. So, Josh and I spent 5 hours there tonight with me hooked up to IV's and monitors. Turns out, I am miscarrying the fetus as was hoped post-chemo and likely will not have to undergo surgery or further chemotherapy. In other words, everything is happening as planned.
Just a bit of a scare that I would have to undergo emergency surgery. But, it looks like I can just deal with this at home. Will have to go back on Thursday to get blood levels checked again to confirm that this is actually the case, but I feel that it will be.
I am feeling tons better since the weekend, and even got my appetite back during the ER visit. Had my first meal in days at Kabul, the Afghani restaurant in Wallingford. I ate light, but it's promising that I'm eating again. Doctor predicts I'll stop bleeding in a matter of weeks. (I'm hoping for sooner).
No comments:
Post a Comment